Is Wood-burning stove is good for my health?

There is nothing that brings more comfort than crouching in front of a small wood stove, Peter Perry writes Guardian, despite a recent study of its contribution to indoor pollution

I read with interest your article on the dangers of using wood burners at home (December 18), citing a survey that highlighted the harmful health effects of its emissions. But I am one of those people who get depressed, very depressed, and when that happens I squat down at home in front of my little stove, absorbing the "spirit of the fire", gladly taking a vantage and enjoying these rather cool emissions with smells so nice occasioned by wood smoke.

I do this because it helps my head and can even prolong my life (and, I dare say, reduces my heart rate and increases my endorphin levels). I'm kidding to emphasize, of course, but only a little.

Yes, without a doubt, if we look closely, there are negative points in the use of wood stoves for home heating, but there are also many positive points, and we need to hear the whole story. Therefore, I hope that, in due course, a second study will carefully evaluate and quantify the benefits, both physical and emotional, and that these will be properly reported by the Guardian.

More at: snip.ly/l71pfx

Is he right? I need contribiutions.