Answers1 Answers found.
This thread will be reviewed shortly.
If you think this thread contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
Insulin kept at room temperatures can be stored safely for 1 month time.
- Do not store your insulin near extreme heat or extreme cold.
Never store insulin in the freezer, direct sunlight, or in the glove compartment of a car.
- Check the expiration date before using, and don't use any insulin beyond its expiration date.
- Examine the bottle closely to make sure the insulin looks normal before you draw the insulin into the syringe.
The Syringes used to give Insulin can be reused by proper storage and thus can help in reducing costs of Insulin treatments:
- Keep the needle clean by keeping it capped when you're not using it.
- Never let the needle touch anything but clean skin and the top of the insulin bottle.
- Never let anyone use a syringe you've already used, and don't use anyone else's syringe.
- Cleaning it with alcohol removes the coating that helps the needle slide into the skin easily.
Tamhane Ameya Avinash